The CLM offers a number of workshops on the Virginia Theological Seminary campus each year. These are open to the wider public, as well as to the VTS community. Some past workshops include singing plainsong and Anglican Chant psalmody, singing music for Holy Week, and the liturgical use of incense. If you have ideas for future workshops, please let us know! To RSVP for a workshop, email us. For directions to Virginia Theological Seminary or around campus, visit this link.
October 22-23, 2018: Worship Matters: The Art of Choral Singing
The Center for Liturgy and Music invites all choral directors and singers to a conference at Virginia Theological Seminary to explore the art of good choral singing by reading through music for choirs of all sizes and abilities, learning about good vocal techniques, discovering ways of dealing with aging voices, and finding out the best methods for starting an RSCM program.
Included with a registration is a ticket to hear Ein deutsches Requiem by Johannes Brahms sung by the Baltimore Choral Arts Society on October 22.
- Karen Brunssen, Associate Professor of Voice, Northwestern University
- Blake Clark, Music Director, Baltimore Choral Arts Society
- Cynthia DeDakis, Music Consultant, Diocese of Maryland
- Cliff Hill, Owner, Cliff Hill Music
- William Bradley Roberts, Professor of Church Music, Virginia Theological Seminary
For more information and to register for this conference please click HERE.